The application form for the Poems on Buses is now closed. We will add the winners to the website as soon as the judges have made their decision.
The competition is open to people of all ages who live in Canterbury. Entries can be made under one of two categories:
- Open: 18 years plus; or
- Young Poets: under 18 years.
The theme all budding poets must base their submitted poem(s) on is ‘Canterbury’ – a celebration in words about this beautiful part of the South Island of New Zealand.
There are prizes up for grabs for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in both categories, and the winning entries will be displayed on all Metro buses following Queen’s Birthday weekend in June, through to the end of May 2018.
Open, 18 years plus:
- 1st: Weekend away. Two night’s accommodation in a premier suite at Braemar Lodge & Spa, Hanmer, including breakfast, valued at $750.00.
- 2nd: Feed the family with Metro. A $300 New World voucher.
- 3rd: Two tickets to Broadway Hitmen at the Isaac Theatre Royal with Showbiz Christchurch.
Young poets, under 18 years:
- 1st: Acer Chromebook from Office Max value, valued at $200.
- 2nd: The Drawing Room voucher, valued at $150.
- 3rd: A Metrocard with a $100 top-up value.
Submit your poem