Metro have placed QR Codes on most bus stops around Timaru as another way to give you specific information on when the next bus is arriving at the bus stop you are standing at.
At the moment every bus stop on the following routes now have a QR code on the timetable strip or bus stop pole:
How to use QR Codes
Step 1: Scan QR code
Step 2: Open web page
Step 3: Bus times display
In more detail
- Load a QR code reader app onto your android smart phone or I- phone. Code readers are available free at most Andriod app stores and the I-phone app store.
- Open your code reader and take a photo of the code
- You will get a prompt to open a web page.
- Open it – then you’ll see when the next bus will arrive at your bus stop
- Save the webpage address to your phone favourites then you will have access to the real time information for that bus stop anytime and anywhere.