We know that our community wants environmentally friendly, low-emission vehicles. We listened, and under our new contracts, we are gradually transforming the public transport experience.
- Introduction of 25 new electric buses and 39 new low emission Euro 6 buses in 2020/21
- An additional 28 new vehicles in 2021/22 and further vehicle replacements in years 3–5 of the new contracts
- More than half are locally manufactured
- Public transport CO₂ emissions reduced by 14% within the first year
- All the conveniences our customers expect, such as air conditioning and USB points
- Bigger vehicles on busy core routes
- New look buses to tell the story of our connected network
We’re phasing in the new buses, keeping costs down and making sure we keep up to date with newer electric or hydrogen technologies.
This means that you’ll see some of our older buses on the streets for a while yet as we stagger the introduction of new vehicles.