Using your Metrocard saves you at least 25% compared to what a cash fare would cost you.
Metrocard - the cheaper, faster, smarter way to go
Check out these savings for travelling with a Metrocard around greater Christchurch
|Fare Zone||Single Fare||Daily maximum||Weekly maximum|
- For a single fare, you receive two hours of unlimited travel.
- For the daily maximum, you receive unlimited travel for one day.
- For the weekly maximum, you will receive unlimited trips within the same week (Monday to Sunday travelling within the same zone).
- When the weekly maximum is used Monday – Friday, you receive weekend travel free within the same zone.
- Children under-5 years-of-age, accompanied by a fare-paying passenger, can travel free-of-charge.
Transferring between zones
If you travel from the city on a zone 1 service and want to transfer onto a zone 2, 3 or Ferry service, ask the driver of your first bus to charge the zone 2, 3 or the special fare that applies for the ferry. That way, you don’t pay the zone 1 fare of the first bus and also the zone 2 or 3 fare.
For example: Sally lives in Rangiora and studies at Canterbury University. She travels on the Orbiter to Northlands, then hops on the 1 Rangiora/Cashmere to get home. She tells the driver of the Orbiter to charge her a ‘zone 2’ fare. In doing so, she does not get charged the extra $2.65 for using the Orbiter within zone 1 but only the 1 Rangiora/Cashmere fare of $3.85.